Sales Proposal Writing Templates
A sales proposal is a written offer from a seller to a prospective buyer. Sales proposals are often a key step in the complex sales process — i.e., whenever a buyer considers more than price in a purchase. A sales proposal puts the buyer’s requirements in a context that favors the seller’s products and services, and educates the buyer about the capabilities of the seller in satisfying their needs.
Managing proposals presents an enormous challenge for sales and marketing teams. Many established management methods are ill-suited to deal with the broader issues associated with the production and delivery of proposals.
Proposal management is an inherently collaborative process. It often consists of the following basic roles and responsibilities:
- Creator – responsible for creating and editing content.
- Editor – responsible for tuning the content message and the style of delivery, including translation and localization.
- Publisher – responsible for releasing the content for use.
- Administrator – responsible for managing access permissions to documents and files, usually accomplished by assigning access rights to user groups or roles.
- Consumer or viewer – the person who reads or otherwise takes in content after it is published or shared.
Increasingly, the term proposal management is being used to suggest that engagement with the proposal process is important to more than just the sales team, and should also affect those working in marketing, legal, and sales. Using sales proposal writing templates allow sales proposals to be quickly and easily created, and it also makes collaboration with team members much easier to execute, track, and manage.