New Product Launch Templates
Once a product is developed, the product launch phase is a critical part of the total new product development process. During product launch process, necessary steps are addressed such as starting volume production and plan; executing marketing activities; developing needed documentation and train sales; preparing to install and supporting the product. Launching a new product in an already saturated market is risky and involves strategic planning, research on consumer behaviour and market trends for it to be successful. You can overcome these risks by using proven new product launch templates.
Checklist for a New Product Launch Event
- Is the new product going to be fully functional in time for the event? What is your backup plan?
- Have you assembled a well-connected board of advisers to help with the production of the event?
- Have you determined your budget for the new product launch event? Is there anyone you can bring in to cosponsor the event to help defray the cost?
- Have you hired someone to be responsible for the myriad of details that must come together in order for a new product launch event to be called a success?
- Have you prepared a detailed spreadsheet, with deadlines, of all the items that need to take place for the event to come together and assigned each item to a responsible person?
- Have you devised the best forum for the new product launch event? Is the event scheduled during an industry tradeshow where everyone will already be assembled and you can easily fold your event into the bigger show, leveraging all the resources available at that event?
- Have you outlined how you are going to communicate your new product message at the launch event? (There is nothing worse than producing an expensive new product launch event that everyone may enjoy but attendees leave not having any idea what brand was being promoted. )
- Have you invited your targeted press to cover the new product event?
- Do you have a contingency plan if few people respond to your invitation to the new product launch event? Do you have takeaway logo items, commonly referred to as premiums, for attendees so they can be reminded of the new product?
- Have you decided how you will measure and evaluate your brand building strategy?